The Figaf Seeburger Migration Tool (SMT) allows you to migrate your existing Seeburger BIC solution to a native B2B Add-on solution. It helps to update your message mappings to use the new schemas created with the B2B Add-on. It makes your migration process a lot faster and has reduced risk. Some of the benefits of using the tool look as follow:
- The new solution from SAP has a lot of advantages making it a lot more flexible and supports the newest schemas. It includes all EDIFACT, X12, Tradacom and EANCOM messages that you want to be using, so you don’t need to pay for each message.
- It is also simpler to transport since they don’t require the use of the BIC to make the one to one mappings
- It contains all the same adapters with some new features
- The price of the solution is also included in your standard SAP PI price so you don’t need extra licenses to make sure you can communicate with EDI for your partners. So you can save money on the maintenance of the Seeburger solution.
- You have the option to use the Trading Partner Management solution making it a lot easier to maintain many partners and the information from them
When facing the migration there are some challenges that you must figure out how to solve.
- Schemas are different so everything needs to be remapped
- Test nothing happens with the output messages.
- Budget and planing
Do you want to try a package with 10 free mapping? Then check out https://figaf.com/tools/seeburger-migration-tool/
Blogs about Seeburger Migration
Do you want more information about SMT? Then please check out the blog posts below:
Migrating Seeburger to SAP B2B Add-on the fast way
Migrate from Seeburger to SAP PI B2B Addon webinar
SAP XI/PI dual stack to SAP PO/PI single stack migration