We now have gotten SAP PIT the test tool for SAP PI/PO upgraded to SP 17.
SP 17 was released Thursday 27 February you can see the release notes here.
It contains the following updates
- PIT: Developments & bugfixes for SP17
- PIT: new UI5 based web interface for PI Test tool
- PIT: Scheduled Test Execution and Verification
I did not have a look at SP16, we skipped that one. You can also create test suites, which is a collection of test executions. (Probably added in SP 16). Now it becomes interesting because you can schedule them at specific times. Like each night. Then you can see if something has happened to your test/development system.
You have the WebUI now where business users can run the test and see if everything is okay with the test executions. They can see which fields there is something wrong with.
You can see my video of the tool here
Why Figaf IRT can save you money comparing to SAP PIT.
PIT is free and you get it with all SAP PI 7.5 installations above SP 14.
At Figaf we do have some benefits that you will enable you to save time on your testing.
We do have the following features that makes testing much simpler.
- Creating of multiply cases of many ICOs at one time and no need to edit ICO to enable the correct logging
- Comparison on module level, so you can see the payloads after EDIComparison so you can get to test the full flow.
- Managing the test cases and update changed items
- Generate Excel Reports of your test cases
- Secure testing, so normal developers will not be able to see confidential messages but can still run tests with them.
- With our tracing of changes are you able to run the tests on what is changed? And an embedded transport system.
- A faster release cycle, so we can deliver new functionality to make your SAP Integration easier.
To view it in real life see.
Try Figaf IRT
You can get started in less than 60 minutes with the Figaf IRT tool. In most cases, you can use your current computer to run Figaf at and use your SAP PI user to connect with.