SAP Process Integration (PI)/Process Orchestration (PO) is here until 2027-2030. However, it is a robust platform that scales to the largest environments for mission critical operation. 10.000 hours is spent by many companies on development each year for support and new development.
One of the challenges I often hear about when talking with clients using SAP PI/PO that experience the following:
- Transporting PI Channels and other artifacts that needs manual configuration in the target system
- Copy configuration from one sender system to another on the same host. This could be in a S/4 Migration project where you will need to change SAPQ200 to SAPQ400 and ensure all other objects and conditions stay the same
- Addition of new partner configurations to create new AS2, SFTP or other partner connections via an API call
- Create documentation of changes and scenarios in an automated way
- Creating and maintaining Test cases for your SAP Integration. With the use of Figaf you can automatically create test case with a few clicks of a button.
- Migration from one SAP PI/PO system to an other as a part of upgrades or migrations.
- Merging ICOs from multiply Sender systems to just one sender system
Figaf DevOps Suite is designed for automating these processes, so you can let developers and admin focus on what really matters and not governance.
Here can you see some examples of how the Figaf DevOps Suite can help optimize some of your processes.
Governance and Documentation
The governance is an important part of your. The key part of this is to:
- Separate the roles/duties so developers cannot get changes directly into production
- Document what is being changed and ensure an audit trail of the change are linked to business requests
In most cases customers try to use some form of documentation but it is often manual work that requires people to follow the processes strictly. There are parts that can lead to inconsistencies or problems in the configuration.
Automation of tasks
If you operate a large SAP PI/PO environment you know there are tasks that can be automated. Like configure and activate communication channels after the import. This is much more than is delivered with standard CTS+ or ChaRM.
If you find yourself or your team spending time on these manual tasks then the Figaf DevOps Suite for SAP Process Integration (PI)/Process Orchestration (PO) could come in handy.
This tool can make sense for your if:
- You have more than 500 integrations
- Still plan to deliver integration for the next 2 years on in SAP PI/PO
- Handling an S/4 HANA project that involved renaming of system objects
Then lets schedule a call to see if it would make sense.