I’m pretty thrilled about our latest development of the Figaf IRT tool for SAP Integration.
When I started doing XI 3.0 work I was really frustrated with the way things were documented. It was a really manual process that users needed to follow. The documentation was never updated. Now 14 years later I can see that we got a tool that can help in the cases. We can now help you really document what has changed automatically.
So a month ago I found that we could leverage the tools we had created for the IRT tool to support the full development lifecycle. Today we are releasing the first version of it. It is not perfect and there are some holes but it clearly shows which direction we can do with it. Hopefully, you will also be able to see the benefit of it.
The different steps in the process are the following:
- Alerts are raised from a PI Message using standard alerting.
- Create rules for how to handle alerts
- Perform your development in Repository/NWDS
- Create a ticket to with a link to the incident
- Assign the changes to the ticket
- You can see the differences I the mappings
- The test is performed to ensure it works
- Base on the Figaf IRT test tool that allows users to create test case fast based on i.e. production data
I have created a video to show what we are able to do with the tool.
We still have a few things to work with to with making it better and cover more of the development cycle, but it is always better with customer feedback. So if you have any things that would help in your process do let us know.
You can download the tool for free at https://figaf.com/irt