Now we are able to deliver Figaf IRT 2.11, it will enable automation of SAP Integration never seen before. It contains 150 tasks or bugs and 55k new lines of code. So it is a massive improvement we have worked on. It contains two main areas.
- Transport and governance system
- Migration of SAP PI/PO if you are still missing to migrate to 7.5
Transport and governance process
When we have talked with clients of the Figaf tool and our integration with CTS+. It seems like only 50% of the customers were using it. I could configure it on our system without much knowledge in 4 hours. So it should be possible for all SAP users to use it.
My these on why CTS+ it has not been implemented as much is that it is not adding much value, and is just complicating the process. You cannot really see what is in the transports and once you have imported the directory you anyway needed to perform manual steps to configure it.
That is the reason I’m stoked we have created our own transport approach. It is really simple to configure and make it possible to improve the delivery of SAP Integration. This is the way transports are supposed to be handled in the modern world.
The process is as follows, in most cases:
- Create a Ticket that links to the business requirement or failure created
- Add the objects that you have changed
- Figaf will then know what objects need to be tested and can test the flows
- You can create transport with all the objects.
- You then configure what channels will be like on other systems in the landscape
- A user can then approve the transport and allow you to transport in the landscape
- You can import the transport in the landscape, and it will then configure the communication channel
- You can create an Excel report of the change and upload it to Jira, Service now
You can see how this enables DevOps for SAP PI/PO in this video.
Migration of SAP PI/PO
The new release also enables users to help optimize the migration process. A lot of users still need to perform migration projects. It is quite a labor-intensive process that you need to perform. That is why it would make sense to automate the process. If you are looking for a migration project, recommend to check out the migration option. I have created a video of the process
There are still areas that we would love to improve, depending on what customers see as most important. Like how to perform validations on the QA system. Does it require running the test on that platform, or are there other functions that could make sense. A lot of the configuration on how transport should be imported is now possible it just requires users to figure out what they need to be.
For the migration support of Classical scenarios is also on the which list, but will require we can work with a customer to enable it.
If requested we can incorporate it with CTS+ so it will still run your transports and Figaf would handle configuration and documentation.
Get Started now
You can start using the Figaf tool for free. Just go to Figaf.com/IRT and signup. Then you will get a free license key you can use for the migration.