I can understand that there is a bit of confusion about how our Seeburger Migration Tool works for converting from Seebuger BIC to the B2B Add-on.
I hope this post will make things clearer.
The big problem is that Seeburger’s XML representation of the EDIFACT/XML formats is different from the ones that form the SAP B2B Add-on. The root node is different, and there is a difference in how Groups and some fields names are made. It is therefore a bit of a challenge to move from one format to the other. Below you can see what the SOT tool does.
I have tried to illustrate the process in the following diagram:
SOT is a small, self-contained web application that runs locally on your own PC. Once installed, you are able to configure which PI system it should use.
The process is the following:
- The user selects a Message Mapping from a drop-down list and which External Definition to use for the mapping.
- User Presses Fetch and Update.
- This will download the Metadata from the mapping.
- Find the Seeburger XSD contained in the mapping.
- Compare the existing Seeburger format with the B2B Add-on format. It will then know that it needs to convert from /LIST/S_UNB/S_UNH/G_SSG25/S_LIN/D_1082 to /INVOIC96A/M_INVOIC/G_SG25/S_LIN/D_1082. It is using an algorithm for the comparison, so nothing special is required for the different message types and versions.
- Go through the mapping metadata and convert all occurrences of the first Xpath to the second.
- Alert if there is a difference in the structure that is not accounted for, or if there are other errors.
- The user can then select Update. This will upload the new message data to the server, and the mapping will use the new definition.
- You will have to open the mapping and save it to make sure it compiles the mapping files.
You will still be able to use the same original mapping; it will just work on the B2B format.
The functions that you use will still be in the mapping, since we are only changing the use of XSD.
If you want to see more, I suggest that you check out the tool page for SOT.