This week we are releasing our SAP PI/PO Migration tool as a service in the Figaf IRT. Quite a number of customers are looking for a way to migrate from their old 7.31-7.4 system to a 7.5. It is quite a labor-intensive process. That is why we think it would make sense for users to automate the full process, making it a lot easier for the customer to perform the migration.
Why is it different from the SAP Migration tool
The Figaf tool will help manage the full migration process. Not just a copy of directory objects like ICO or communication channel. You simply select the ICOs you want to migrate to a Wave or release. For the ICOs selected Figaf will then:
- Reuse the Test case you ready have for it
- Migrate the repository and directory content to the new environment. It is possible to set up the mappings of parameters. Password will in most cases be copied
- Test the migrated objects to ensure everything work as expected.
- Create a transport for the new environment
- Run the transport thru the new environment and configure all channel including passwords
- Manage the process for the ICO
So it is not the same, it is a tool that will help you perform the migration faster and ensure you are able to test the affected interfaces.
Currently, only ICOs are supported, but it can be expanded for Classical scenarios if requested.
Try it out
The migration tool is a part of the Figaf IRT application. So in it, there is the option to perform migrations.
You simply sign up on Figaf.com/IRT, and then can you get started and migrate 10 interfaces your self.
Requirements to get started
To get started you need the following.
- Go to Figaf.com/IRT and signup. Then you will get access to download the latest build, get a license key and view installation information
- Computer when Figaf can run. It comes with a build-in database so you can just start the application and run it on your laptop. This is the preferred way for Proof of Concepts or tests of it. If you want to deploy Figaf to a bigger group of developers there is a number of different options for it too servers.
- On the old SAP PI landscape you need a developer that has to assess to the Directory API, and then normal development configuration. It should be possible to perform file export from the development system
- On new SAP PI landscape SAP PI/PO 7.5 a user needs that can import, configure communication channels and use the write API. In most cases, a standard user can handle this.
- Access to get user management, so it is possible to adjust to create system users and add roles if possible.
- If you want the best test you must be able to deploy an SCA file with a module on all systems, configure it and create a user for it.
Getting started offer
We want to help you get started, so you can start planning your migration and use the Figaf tool. There is on 13 months to end of support of 7.1-7.4.
We offer a free 2-hour getting started session with one of our developers. We will help configure Figaf IRT on your laptop or a server if you have one, so you can see how the migration works in your landscape. We will help you with the first migrations. You will share your screen via Zoom and then we will help you set it up.
Register by sending an email to email@example.com, with information about your landscape, timezone, and availability. Then we will try to plan a meeting to help you get started on your migration. Limited sessions are available.
What is the idea with the migration tool
How fast a migration can be performed
In this video you will see the tool in action. It 17 minutes you will get introduced and will be able to see how it is possible to move multiple interfaces.